Terms & Conditions / Safety
- Please arrive on time. Those arriving late for a scheduled departure will be unable to ride and are not eligible for a refund.
- You must follow the instructions of the Rail Explorers staff at all times.
- Know your limits. If you suspect that riding the rail explorers could put your health at risk for any reason, or could aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind please let our staff know. It is your responsibility to advise us of any medical condition or physical disability which requires any special treatment or attention for any of your group.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to operate the brakes and must be accompanied by an older rider.
- No smoking at any time on the tours.
- Always keep your safety belt fastened.
- Do not get out of the explorer during the tour. Please make sure all your belongings are secured. If you drop something on the track it will be collected for you by Rail Explorers staff.
- Parents / guardians are responsible for their minors and must ensure that they follow the instructions of the Rail Explorers staff.
- Keep a distance of at least 30 feet between yourself and the explorer in front. Do not tailgate! There is a chance of serious injury to yourself or others if you collides with the explorer in front. It is your responsibility to maintain a safe distance from the explorer ahead.
- During tours guests must conduct themselves in a way which is respectful of the privacy and security of adjacent homeowners.
- Every Rail Explorers guest accepts a legal and moral obligation to act responsibly on the tour as listed in the Terms & Conditions.
General Terms & Conditions
Rail Explorers Cancellation Policy
If cancellations are made at least 48 hours prior to trip departure, trip fee will be fully refunded. For cancellations made within 48 hours fees are non-refundable. Booking fees are non-refundable.
For groups of 10 or more, cancellations must be made 72 hours in advance in order to be refunded.
Reservations can be rescheduled at any time, however, rescheduling within 48 hours of your booking will attract a rebooking fee of 30% of the booking total. For groups of 10 or more, rescheduling must be made 72 hours in advance to avoid the rebooking fee.
Rail Explorers will operate rain or shine, provided it is safe to do so. Rail Explorers reserves the right to reschedule or cancel tours due to adverse weather conditions if operations or participants are at risk. In the event of cancellations or rescheduling by us, your payment will be refunded in full, or applied to another tour. Ticket holders who cancel due to weather are subject to the cancellation policy above. No shows (including those arriving late for a scheduled departure) are not eligible for a refund.
Prices are subject to change. Please check price on booking.
All prices are in US dollars, a booking fee of $3 per transaction will be added.
Rail Explorers reserves the right to cancel or amend any trip or booking for any reason and assumes no responsibility for any personal injury, loss or damage to personal equipment, delays or irregularities which may occur in the operation of this business for whatever reason.
Online booking payments are processed immediately and are thereafter subject to the cancellations policy. Following a successful booking you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email within 24 hours please contact us to ensure your booking has been made.
A 10% discount is offered to groups of ten or more riders on condition that the booking is completed and paid in full by a single representative of the group. Split payments or individual bookings for groups riding together will not be eligible for the 10% discount and will be charged at the regular ticketed price.
Rail Explorers manages the hazards of railroad transport, including road crossings. You must follow the instructions of the Rail Explorers staff at all times. Parents / guardians are responsible for their minors and must ensure that they follow the instructions of the Rail Explorers staff. It is your responsibility to advise us at the time of the booking of any medical condition or physical disability which requires any special treatment or attention for any of your group.
Intoxication / Drug Use
Rail Explorers reserves the right to decline your booking on the grounds that your safety could be compromised. No person presenting himself or herself for a trip in an apparently intoxicated state or under the influence of drugs will be permitted to participate nor will any refund be forthcoming.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon on your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
or via email