Our Plan for Social Distancing
Rail Explorers requires all people on premises to adhere to the following "Social Distancing Protocols" that have been curated to protect guests and employees from potential contraction of COVID-19.
- In addition to following these guidelines, all attendees are required to abide by each State's Health Safety Mandates which includes wearing facial masks and remaining at least six feet apart.
- All guests are required to understand and agree to follow Rail Explorers' Social Distancing Protocols prior to arriving at Rail Explorers.
- Guests who do not follow these guidelines will receive one (1) warning before being asked to leave the premises.
- Refunds are not available to guests who refuse to follow Rail Explorers safety protocols.
- All guests are screened for health symptoms upon entry to the Rail Explorers check in area.
- Rail Explorers features 4 seater 'Quads' and 2 seater 'Tandems'
- Connecting railbikes together for groups larger than four is possible, but is not permitted unless everyone in the party is living together in the same household.
- If a member of your party has symptoms of COVID-19, you may reschedule for a future date. If it is within 48 hours of your scheduled tour, you will not be charged a rescheduling fee. Full terms and conditions here.
- The railbikes are thoroughly disinfected and cleaned between tours.
- Check in times have been adjusted to allow more time for riders to maintain safe social distancing during check in / departure times.
- Guests are required to use the marked areas for waiting to prevent crowding at check in counters.
- Rail Explorers railbikes are spaced apart from one another for loading and unloading.
- All tours now operate with a ‘rolling’ departure. Each group boards the rail bikes and departs the station in 3-5 minute intervals.
- Guests are required to follow the directions placed at the loading and unloading platforms and follow instructions given by Rail Explorers staff.
- Each location has restroom facilities, however usage is limited to 1-2 persons at one time or family group.
- New hand sanitizing stations are located inside and outside every facility.
- Each facility is disinfected between tours and receives a full cleaning every operating day.
- Gift shops at all locations have an occupancy limit which is posted outside to allow social distancing while in a covered area.
- Merchandise is displayed, and an attendant is available to complete purchases.
- All touch points are routinely sanitized between tours
- Credit card and contactless chip payments are preferred over cash exchange
- Seating areas are designated to allow separate parties to wait comfortably while allowing social distancing.
- Waiting and seating areas are cleaned at the beginning of each operating day and contact surfaces wiped down between tours.
- All Staff are screened for health symptoms upon commencement of their shift.
- All staff are required to wear protective face covering during interaction with the riders.
- All contact surfaces are sanitized at the beginning and end of each operating day, and in between tours.
Additional Safety Measures
We ask that guests abide by the additional mandates listed below, in accordance with each State’s specific recommendations for safe re-opening procedures:
Nevada Division Only:
- Guests are required to answer health safety screening questions upon entrance into check in area
- Guests will be scanned for temperature reading using a contactless thermometer